Requirements for legalization of documents issued in the United States
for use in Tajikistan
- Authentication of Notary Signature (In most states this may be done directly by the
State Secretary of State; if not, the County Clerk authenticates the signature);
- State Secretary of State Certification (In states where the Notary Signature may be
authenticated directly by the State Secretary of State, steps 2 and 3 are combined).
- U.S. Department of State Authentication.
- Legalization by the Embassy of Tajikistan in Washington, DC.
Steps 4 and 5 can be expedited by contacting us at (202) 498 0863. We can also assist with the step 3.
Materials to be submitted with Request
- A cover letter from requesting person or organization addressed to the Embassy of Tajikistan in the United States of America.
- Original documents to be legalized and one copy of each document.
- Money order, company check or personal check payable to Consular Assistance, Inc.
- Pre-paid, self-addressed return envelope or $18 for FedEx overnight delivery.
Fees: $150.00 per document
Processing time: up to 30 days.
Please note that the Department of State is open until 11.00 a.m. If you want us to begin the
processing the same day please make sure that we receive the documents by 10.00 a.m.
Mail the above to:
Consular Assistance, Inc.
6351 Burgundy Leaf Lane
Alexandria, VA 22312